Autometer Custom Dash
Assembly-- The completed cluster was a bit more work than I was expecting, but I think it was worth it
The whole assembly, from start to finish probably took about 12 straight hours... I started by pulling the factory gauges
out. I tried to save as much of the membrane traces as I could, so I could use the idiot lights, and such, as factory.
I managed to cut around many of the traces, and it even works!
As you can see, the holes in the back of the gauge cluster needed to be opened up. I used a 2" hole cut saw bit
for a drill, and then drilled additional holes for the brass mounting studs that come with the gauges. The whole
cluster fits together TIGHT.
The finished product. I used a 9 connector quick coupler that I found at radio shack, so I can remove the dash
at will now... whole thing can be moved in and out of the car in about 10 to 15 minutes.
last updated 1/26/2000